- To promote admirable business ethics through projects and assignments that prove beneficial to both humanity and nature.
- Seize work opportunities preferably with contract terms that reinforce vision, mission, and skills.
- Provide tools for the green market to benefit earth-friendly designers, suppliers, retailers and consumers.
- For product development and manufacturing to become a sustainable process around the globe that is supported by local communities and conscious consumers everywhere.
- Volunteer on behalf of environmental design students and interested observers.
- Enjoy life and travel with home base in a yurt on Big Island, Hawaii.
To help preserve our planet Earth by supporting farmers, craftspeople, designers and suppliers that recycle or create fashionable products in non-toxic manners.
- Extensive marketing and communications experience with perfected English, grammar and writing education.
- Blog and article publishing expertise.
- Consultation, writing and public relation skills for environmentalism.
- Fund raising and special event orchestration history.
- Culinary expertise with focus on natural, local and organic menus.
- Seasoned mainland and tropical gardener with a passion for natural outdoor designing.
- Concierge, reservation and marketing plan creation for Honalo, Hawaii development, Hawaii Eco Domes Retreat. Freelance 2012 + Onsite management Jan - Mar 2013.
- Personal assistant and chef for Phil Suslow, proprietor of FlowLighting, Oznium USA and South Africa, who resides on Maui about 6 months of each year. Managed vacation home with services, accounting and general PA duties. Frequent guests totaled 8 people for meals at times; always with a focus on natural, healthy-organic and local foods. 6-month assignment Nov 2011 - May 2012.
- Expanded primary Chic Eco business to Hawaii catering. Launched with weddings, approximately 150 guests, and created labor pool to include private chefs. Oct 2010 - present.
- Established Chic Eco permaculture gardens and yurt home in the rain forest of east Hawai'i while converting independent sales representation for green companies into social media marketing. Self employment with sustainable model 2008 - present.
- Added yurts in Hawaii to independent sales representation which included creation of the Yurt Living blog and writing contributions to varied "green building" sites. Also volunteered aid to create a sustainable yurt makers alliance in North America. Jun 2009 - Nov 2010.
- Part time administrative assistant and guest representative for Hawaii Hideaways, a dot com luxury vacation home rental business with extensive concierge located in Kula, Maui. Apr 2006 - Sep 2007.
- Part time sales associate, buyer and automation/web director for Carl Meyers Inc., an equine retail store offering custom tailoring (since 1987) for riding habits and fine apparel. Also ready-made clothing/footwear/accessories in Lexington, Kentucky. Annual sales averaged more than two million dollars. 1998 - 2002.
- Founder of Chic Eco, environmental fashion consultation services for wholesalers, retailers and individuals. Product development, purchasing, strategic alliance business plans and marketing assemblage are examples of proficient skills offered with expert affiliates. Clients entail celebrity and busy people alike for Chic Eco stylists and personal eco shoppers. 1997 - Present.
- Served as assistant gubernatorial campaign manager with an environmental platform for the Galbraith-Hammond ‘95 State Election. Won 9% of Kentucky Democrat Primary election votes for Kentucky with a mere $20,000 budget against three opponents who spent more than $5,000,000. 1994 - 1995.
- Created independent career as a temporary mobile secretary for multifarious administrative and computer assignments. Assisted businessmen such as company CEOs, attorneys, architects, engineers, horsemen, judges and politicians. A resume in itself with details, including assignments through Legal Temps and other Kentucky employment agencies, are available upon request. 1980 - 1998 and 2003.
- Promoted from assistant banquet chef to catering manager for Hyatt Regency Lexington 1985-1986.
- Major shareholder/manager/bookkeeper for self-developed incorporated Kentucky catering business Cruisin' Cuisine. 1982 - 1985.
- Assistant chef and personal house person in the Official State Residence for Governor John Y. Brown, Jr. and First Lady Phyllis George. Most of 1982.
- Part time assistant for Worlds Apart, a Kentucky women’s wholesale and retail apparel business with global production and showroom in Atlanta. 1982 - 1984.
- Sous-chef for The Inn Between whereas proprietor became executive chef at the Governor's Mansion. 1978 - 1979.
- Owner of a unique and better-priced ladies boutique, Courtesan in Midway, Kentucky; moved 1976 to Lexington’s Civic Center Shops. Favorable state publicity sponsored by the Louisville Courier Journal, American Express, Lexington Herald-Leader and local television. Directed fashion shows in country club settings and coordinated routine lunch modeling in the Hyatt Regency Glass Garden. 1974 - 1979.
- Sales assistant for Apogee on Newbury Street in Boston, a five-store franchise of better-priced ladies' boutiques that specialized in imports. Employment included a temporary excursion to manage the Atlanta, Georgia store and promotion in Massachusetts to manage the suburban mall store. Moved for further experience to Ann Taylor on Boylston Street as Boston's metro assistant sales manager. 1973 - 1974, during and after fashion college tenure.
- Small Business Development Center, University of Kentucky. Received complete accounting instruction and examination to open and operate a catering business. Approached and granted funds from investors. 1981 - 1984.
- Fashion and modeling college in Boston, The Academié Moderne. Focused on fashion merchandising and retail management courses. 1972 - 1973.
- Lakeland Business Institute & Fashion Merchandising College in Lakeland, Florida. Focused on business courses. 1971 - 1972.